2018年3月20日火曜日

Translated> How I felt after participating in The Association for Natural Language Processing (NLP 2018) 001: I felt out of place and at home at the same time

I didn’t meet anyone who was opposed to machine translation at this convention. I was pleased to hear so many positive opinions about the automation of translation. This was the best feeling! There were no biased opinions about how translators will lose their jobs with machine translation. I felt comfortable being there.

It was also nice to be in a place of having a genuine discussion about topics such as machine translation, AI, and automation. It also seemed that everyone was not thinking much about a profit per se.

I felt out of place because I didn’t know many people there, but all of the participants were positive about machine translation, so I felt at home lol.
I would love to participate again if I had the chance.

Above is translation of an article "
言語処理学会に出席してみた感想ー001 アウエー感もあったが、ある意味ホームだった。" dated March 17.

Translation is done by Hiroko Matsuda.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿