2018年1月13日土曜日

Translated> NMT and Patent Translation from LSP Perspective 20170916

On September 22nd (Fri), the last day of the 16th Machine Translation Summit held at Nagoya University, The 7th Workshop of Patent Scientific Literature Translation (PSLT 2017) will be held.

Here is my presentation. It's planned to be 30 min long (I was told that I can go over time!). It seems like there will br a Q&A session, but I'm planning on talking for 40 min or so and maybe 1 question.
1) Description of “Hybrid Translation” using NMT
2) Speed and amount of post editing needed for translations
3) Problems regarding implementation of NMT
4) Possibility of NMT dramatically changing the LSP
5) “End of human translation and rise of MT” campaign

I will be talking about how I came about Hybrid Translation, how much work efficiency has improved with the use of NMT (I will be showing questionnaire form we used with staff members), and our firm's future direction. It's my 15 slide masterpiece lol!

Afterwards, there will be lunch event (for invite only). I can't wait.

P.S. Since the lunch event is after my presentation, I must finish my presentation on time. Therefore, I'm thinking of saying "In the interest of our lunch, ..." instead of "In the interest of time, I would like to entertain only question" to make people laugh.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿