2017年12月22日金曜日

Translated> Finished presenting at The 7th Workshop on Patent and Scientific Literature Translation (PSLT 2017) 20170923

Thank you for those who participated!
This is where I made my talk.
Come to think of it, it was probably my first time doing a presentation in a university lecture hall.
It's pretty big!
Contents aside, I was happy that I was able to make some people laugh with the phrase "I will finish my presentation well before our lunch time" lol

About my presentation, afterwards, I was told "Bold move!" by one of the participants. I'll take it as a good thing...

There was catering.
I could have had my breakfast here!
Myself not knowing that you can have breakfast at the event site had my breakfast at the hotel.

I learned many things at this summit, but below are the main things I learned.

In neural machine translation of De/Ja and Ja/De, the translation might be done in the order of: De>En>Ja or Ja>En>De. Therefore, for Ja/De translation, some English is mixed in the translated German. This is something I heard from one person, there is no verification. He mentioned that it is possible that the language is translated to English first.

I also learned that domain-specific machine translation (domain-specific MT) works well. For example, in the MT developed by WIPO, sentences like "I am a boy" is not included in the corpus of the machine translation. This is because no such sentence will appear in patents. Therefore, when doing patent translation, MT designated for patent might be better. It seems that there will be a notification from WIPO around next week (I didn't hear this from any representative, so I will not publicize any contents)


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿