2017年12月22日金曜日

Translated> Arrived at the Machine Translation Summit 20170921

(This article has been originally written on September 21, 2017)

I've finally arrived at the Machine Translation Summit being held at Nagoya University. The summit has been going on since the 19th. I'm finally participating on the 21st. Majority of seminars have already finished. I was a bit sad.

Today (21st), I left Osaka early in the morning and arrived Nagoya University around 9'oclock. I signed up for wifi when I signed in at the reception desk.

Received these items at the reception desk! Nagoya University bag!
I had lunch on campus. It was a lunch meal.
I went sightseeing, or rather walked around the campus. Truly, there was a memorial building since there were Nobel prize winner from the university. The entrance was free, so I checked it out.

At the event site, I saw one person I knew, so I chatted with him. In addition to translation company staff, there were many researchers from overseas. That's kind of obvious, though. People like me is probably a minority.

Unfortunately, a showcase called "Technology Showcase" has already finished the day before. I couldn't participate in the exhibition of each manufacturers.

I did not bring any paper notebooks. I input everything on google document via iphone. I brought a wifi-operating keyboard.
All I need is this and iphone.
I went back to the hotel as soon as today's session was over. This is because I need to practice for tomorrow's presentation. I brought some work with me too, so I did some work.

I can't explain well, but it's stimulating to be outside than being in the office.

I'll do my best tomorrow!



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿