2018年4月17日火曜日

Books I read: The 4-Hour Work Week

Title: Title:
The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pages of Cutting-Edge Content
Author: Tim Ferriss
Published by: Harmony; Expanded (2009/11/18)

A well known book. I read it a long time ago, but I hadn't written about it in this blog, so here it is.

The book introduces various ways to produce the same result but only work 4 hours a week. Countless methods of how to reduce time are being introduced. Just by reading the title, I thought 4 hours is just plainly impossible but as I read ahead, I started to think "I see I see!" on a lot of the points. 

By the way, there was news the other day on the professional baseball team that didn't make it to the A class this year going in to the fall camp. Apparently, it's an excruciating training and practice. By reading this book, I feel that the idea of cutting time is well received within the companies, but there is an impression that extensive practice is required to get the results in the sports industry. Rather than swinging the bat 1000 times a day, they should think about getting the same result by swinging 200 times per day or think of a practice regimen where practicing 3 hours a day would produce the same result as practicing for 8 hours a day. Even amateur players, for example, in high school baseball, they are always having morning practice, afternoon practice, evening practice, and after meal self-practice. Basically, the instruction method is to build the body for better performance, but I can't help but to think whether there is a better way.

I'm writing this is because I feel like the talk on cutting the time in terms of business is being done too much. I think cutting the time in sports should be the next topic and if someone writes about this, it would be an instant best-seller!

Above is translation of an article "読んだ本:The 4-Hour Work Week" dated November 22, 2017
Translation by Hiroko Matsuda

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿